Monday, November 15, 2010

Joy School

I woke up the other morning (well not the other morning... like a month ago) to this.
A beautiful wintry wonderland... What? mid October and already it is full blown winter? Oh boy we are really in for it this year. Alaska is bringing it!

Although I was not thrilled with how early it came, it sure is beautiful!!

Later that morning I had seven cute little three year olds come over to my house for Joy School (that is eight three year olds including my little Zanna) Let me tell you. Three hours with 8 Three year olds is pure craziness!! But it was really fun and they are all so dang cute and funny.

There are two girls. Zanna and Abbi. And six boys. Six cute little wrestlers! Mason,Peyton, Ryder, Caden, Liam and Corbin.

Snack time. Probably the best time of the whole day! And probably the most calm the little ones were as well!

Oh boy... Craft time was a little crazy! The lesson called for painting... but I opted out of that. I decided we would make things with play dough. Still crazy but the play dough was easier than paint to get out of the carpet!

At one point all the boys were totally dog piled on top of each other... and the girls just kinda did their own thing. There are six boys in this doggy pile. You can only see 5 because the 6th is buried!

Quietly playing with puzzles. This was a rare event!

Passing "Joy Boy" around. I let everybody give him a little kiss!

Wow. After I was finished with three hours of these balls of energy I had felt like I ran a marathon up a mountain! It was crazy! But fun!!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Wowie! you are one brave woman! And look how fun of you to have done crafts and all! You are cutting yourself short of the credit you deserve, though, by not mentioning that there were NINE children there, including a toddler! Just today, I had 7 other kids come join us from about 9-1. We trade babysitting every tuesday, so I only have to babysit once a month, but I get the other 3 tuesdays to get something done. Anyway, there are 4 babies under 2, and the rest are 3 and 4, so it was pretty wild! And I didn't even attempt any group games...You're my hero!

Camille said...

p.s. I can't see your snowy pictures...don't know if it's my computer, or if they didn't load, but I'm dying to see them! I bet it's pretty.

Chablis said...

I get stressed out just thinking about these mornings. So glad I'm not a part of that. :) Okay, they are cute kids though.

And Troop reading on his own! Aw, that melts my heart too! Henry will do that and I just could eat him when he does have those moments.