Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dresser Redo


I redid this dresser we had in our bedroom right before the weather got cold a few weeks ago. I must say I LOVE the new look. Initially I thought a warmish grey would be nice but then I got a fab idea to go silver. Well the way it looked in my head was fab anyway... but everyone I talked to about it probably thought I was a little loony...

$12 redo (for spray paint)

So here is the Before.

( It is missing a drawer because I thought about doing the before pic after I already painted one drawer.)


And here is the after!


(it is missing a knob because one of the children took off with it. It has since showed up and still needs to be painted... oops!)

I spray painted this bad boy with a a brushed nickel spray paint. Then did a subtle darker glaze over it. While it was still outside and the knobs weren't on it I HATED it. I was thinking... what on earth did I do? But then I put the knobs on it and I LOVED it!
I was going to buy new hardware but there are twenty knobs on this puppy... the knobs I liked were $2.50 and I was not about to spend $50. So I painted the knobs I already had and was pleased with the outcome.
I moved the dresser from our bedroom to the entryway because I desperately needed the storage. Living in an apartment there is a definite shortage. Now it houses things like... all of our paper an office supplies, cords, cords and more cords, camera, video camera, portable DVD player, all Zannas craft stuff (glue, crayons, scissors, etc) Flashlights, lighters, matches, light bulbs, candles... the list goes on! Now each of these things has a home instead of being shoved in any nook and cranny I could find.
Now our clothes are all in baskets on the shelves in our closet.
Who knew I could ramble on so about a dresser?

10 comments:

Davy and Hillary said...

Merm, I love the dresser makeover!!!!! You are a rock star! You could have your own tv show on HGTV......my favorite tv show, I'm slightly obsessed with it! Miss you! Hope things are well. Love u!
Hilly billy

nicole me oh my! said...

Thank you for all these updates!!! I am loving all of it. I miss you guys, so you need to keep up the good work :)

Love the dresser! And all of your halloween decorations already out, we are going to decorate today and I can't wait to make it festive around here.

Love you!

Melissa said...

So cute! I am loving all these posts so I can see what ya'll are up to these days! Miss you girl, but it looks like things are going pretty well for you guys!

Watkins said...

Wow, your little boy is gonna be a heartbreaker when he is older! SO dang Cute!

Carolynn and Corby said...

This dresser turned out so great! You've got it decorated so cute, it will be such a fun base for decorating each season. Nice job Sis!

Rachel said...

Look at you, crafty! I like the silver choice. I can't wait to see what you come up with when it is dark all day!

P.S. I liked how you went on about the dresser. It made my day!

Steph said...

Looks great. I love all your fall decor, too. But my those rad frames are my favorites! Where on earth did you find them?

Your photos from the hike are fantastic!

jill 'E' jam said...

I just found YOUR blog :D I love the dresser! You're going to have to come over and do some painting with me. It looks great! Are you going tonight? Call me if you need a ride. Hopefully I'll see you there!

AND I LOVE your wedding pictures :D

Rach said...

This is SO CUTE!! I never would have picked those colors, but I'm so glad you did - because they look GREAT!! Seriously, my next project is in silver and black!!

Natali Thompson said...

So cute and such a GREAT idea! I might need to do something like that for all of my garbage!