Zanna enjoyed eating the beautiful white snow.
Cute little Troop! He was not too sure how he felt about being so bundled. He just stood there and didn't move!
Here is Jathan cutting down the tree. From a distance it looked like a beauty but as we got closer it was thin and didn't have very many branches either... but it was the best one we could find. It took him all of ten seconds to cut it down. The trunk was like two inches in diameter.
Zanna following Jathan through the woods as he carries the tree back to the car.
Afterwards we went to Sports Authority and got the kids some sleds. They had fun in the parking lot as Jathan pulled them around!
All of the parking lot's and most of the roads here are totally packed with snow. It is so stinking cold and the sun is rarely out... it never has a chance to melt.
Here is our skinny little charlie brown Christmas tree in our house.
It looked a lot cuter all decorated. Although half of my ornaments were either too heavy or simply did not fit! Oh and I don't have a tree skirt! I always used one of my moms. So we put a sheep skin around the bottom of the tree and that turned out pretty cute.
Tissue paper poms dressed up the dining area. I might be obsessed with these things. I seem to use them for everything lately! And they kind of look like big beautiful snow balls.
Well I am not the only one obsessed. The kids favorite thing to do is get on the table and blow all the decorations so they can watch them sway. Little stinkers!










4 comments:
Merm! Your Christmas card was GORGEOUS! I LOVED IT! Your little family all dressed up in your snow gear was adorable...thanks so much for sending us one. I didn't send any out this year, but we love you just the same. Hugs to you all!
Wow you are Amazing Alaskans!!! See all the fun stuff you get to do I love it! Zanna and Troop are getting so big. Zanna looks gorgeous in that bottom picture! and your apartment looks beeeautiful!
I grew up with those kind of trees........and yes it is so hard to find a good one. Now when I go camping and see a beautiful tree, I always say that would be the perfect Christmas tree! So cute! Love the pics of Troop!
I love your pictures, Savannah just said. What fun to see your christmas fun!! We love the Garrett's!!
Post a Comment