Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Randomness

Well, since I am trying to catch up on my blogging I am just going to do a huge post!

We went to a friends house a few weeks ago for some fun night sledding and Salmon Chowder, which was delicious I might add!


The kids had a blast sledding! Zanna was also loving the rope swing and making snow angels.



Zanna got into some of my shimmery lotion. She wiped it ALL OVER her face and hands. Then she looked at me and said "I look like a pirate lady mama" - The night before she had watched part of Pirates of the Caribbean with Jathan and I think she thought she looked like Calypso. She gave me a chuckle!


Did anyone see the eclipse on the winter solstice? It was awesome!! That is the first time in hundred's of years there has been an eclipse on the winter solstice. Which also happens to be the shortest day of the year.... Hallelujah... we are now gaining day light!!!


Zanna sporting her reindeer antlers... and some of mommys makeup. That seems to be one of her favorite things to do these days. Put on my makeup. Funny girl~!

My little Troop is getting so big and is such a handsome little stink! He did surprisingly well staying away from the ornaments on the tree. Much better than his big sister at his age. She was always all over the ornaments. I should have gotten Troop some antlers too. He loved wearing Zanna's. Next year I suppose.

I love this picture of my babies! And I also love picture of the kids by the Christmas Tree!

On Christmas Eve we went to our friends the Newells for some delicious soup and cookie decorating. They had an X-box Kinect which was pretty sweet. It was fun to watch everyone play. Check out their living room windows. Aren't they beautiful? And their view is to DIE for!
I am so thankful for the new friends we have made and for being included in their holidays! It made it so much easier being away from family!



When I asked Zanna to come eat, she said "Okay mom. I gotta feed my kids first." Little cutie!

Decorating cookies for Santa

The men folk

The lady folk


My friend Cathy's little boy, getting down with the frosting!!


Zanna and Troop making Carrot juice. This is one of Zanna's absolute favorite things to do. Make Carrot juice with her daddy!


Painting mama's nails. She actually did a really good job. She is quite the little artist!

Another one of Zanna's favorite things to do is help with the dishes. She really just likes playing with the water and making bubbles. And Troop likes to do anything where water and climbing on chairs is involved. Oh and try not to be jealous of my beautiful cabinets... ;)

Helping daddy make popcorn. My children are really lucky to have this man as their father. He is always doing cute things like this where the kids can be involved. Thanks love!

Zanna rarely goes anywhere with out one of her dress up's on. This time she even had her feather boa. She is radiating excitement over her outfit!



Making Lot's of cookies at my friend Emilyn's house. Wow... we were all on a huge sugar high that day. The kids were pretty excited to use the cookie cutters on the gingerbread!

5 comments:

Steph said...

I'm glad you found some friends and had a good Christmas away from home. Your kids are adorable!

Katie said...

Ahhh, Merry Christmas, Merm! I'm with ya on feeling a little left out not getting to go to the cabin this year with our families, but at least you had some snow so it LOOKED like the cabin! :) I really wish we could come visit you in Alaska. Maybe this summer?? I've always wanted to go in August. Anyway, I love following your blog. Your kids are adorable and Zanna and Cora are so similar in so many ways. I wish they could grow up together...they would be bff's for sure!

Camille said...

I love seeing all these pictures. Your kids are absolutely amazing. Zanna in the picture by the Christmas tree looks so much like Tessi. Stunning. And I, too am jealous of the beautiful snow you have. We are supposed to get a storm, but so far, we are in icy mud. I can see my grass. Ugh.

Rebecca said...

ZANNAS hair is insane!! Wow! your Christmas looks sooo fun. And I need one of those headbands immediately

jaclynn and michael said...

there is that blanket tempting me again!! What a great cmas. Gosh that candy table looks so fun. What lucky little kiddos.