Friday, May 23, 2008

San Fran


The Saturday before Mothers Day we took a little day trip to San Francisco. We decided to take the Ferry which is about a five minute walk from our house. I love that we didn't have to drive at all to get there!



This is a picture of the San Quentin prison. The company that Jathan is interning for right now is putting in a health facility for the prison so this is where he resides for part of his days.





There were tons of vendors selling all sorts of Artsy things. Jathan bought me this sweet hat for mothers day. The woman who made it makes her hats from vintage 60's 70's and 80's materials. She was so talented and I wanted to buy like twelve of her hats!


These two cuties were standing in front of a pirate ship. Zanna's head is covering the pirate flag... oops!

(Modeling my sweet new hat) We walked to Fisherman's Wharf and got some scrumptious clam chowder. There were all sorts of interesting people there. It was really fun to people watch. There were also lots of people doing all sorts of random talents all along the piers. Singing, drawing, break dancing, balloon tying... the list goes on.

There were pigeons walking about all over the place, which of course Zanna was loving. She would bend over the side of her stroller and just stare. Jathan n the other hand was struggling with the Pigeons. He stepped on one on accident and ran over another two with the stroller. Bless his heart!

11 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

How fun! That is awesome. I love your hat-you are SO BEAUTIFUL! You are a true model. That is a little nuts about working in a prison-I think I would be a little freaked out! Poor pigeons... maybe they shouldn't stay so close to humans-especially Jathan!

Steph said...

He he he. So funny that Jathan resides at the prison:). Looks like you guys are having a blast and seeing the sights. That's so awesome that woman uses vintage fabrics! Hilarious about running over pigeons, too.

Camille said...

LOVE the hat! I don't know if I could pull it off like you, though, Merm. You are the hottest! So, did the pigeons make it out alright? When you said he stepped on one, I imagined it squishing. Gross!

Melissa said...

Did you see the bush man as you were down by the piers. If not, believe me, when you see him you'll know!! SO funny!

Scott & Adie said...

How fun - I love exploring new places. You guys are going to have such a great summer!

Love the hat!

Amber said...

Sweet hat! I love San Francisco. Such a great city to wander around in. I'm totally jealous that you guys are so close to such awesome places like that.

Claudia said...

So strange to see you in that setting. Looks like you are having fun.
Is that what they call fabric from my day? Vintage? I could make all sorts of vintage things with what's in MY closet! Cute

jaclynn and michael said...

Hot mama! You are so funny. That prison is pretty impressive but nothing like alcatraz! Sweet little Zanna is growing so big and beautiful! Could that pic be more hilarious of her face smashed. It looks exactly like a indian smashing there face into a port o crib. I miss your texts. I don't have the time to be blogging every moment I want to talk to you. Get TEXT. Well miss your booty. You gotta go to the stinky rose and eat. It's all garlic and amazing

Rebecca said...

Oh these pictures make me more excited for my trip. And quit being so cute. i can't wait to come see your cute little familia.

Amy said...

Oh man, that makes me miss SF; such a fun city! And the hat is rad:)

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Merm, you could very well pass as a hat model. I love vintage stuff. We got some Latimer lovin this weekend. Christian made a round to our house. We just love him so.